Thursday, June 12, 2008

FREAKING REGISTRAR!

Alright so this has been on my mind a lot...
So a lot of you have asked me about my summer session problems. Well the thing is, i was supposed to take summer session I because my parents wanted me to. The class was psych stats and i scrambled around (as some of you know) to get the book and started studying for the first test which was a Thursday. I mailed in a payment form (freaking 800 dollars). I applied late so i had to mail in the appropriate forms, like late add petitions and stuff. I sent that stuff in on a Monday and i called them Wednesday to see if they have received the forms. They said they hadn't so i told them to cancel everything because my test was the next day and i couldn't take it because i wasn't registered on blackboard. The woman told me "ok" and then made me wait... and then i was waiting... and then the phone clicked.
So i called back and another woman said that the office was really busy and i should call back another day. So i wake up Thursday at 9 to check if i was registered, which i wasn't, so i missed the test and went back to sleep. I get a letter Monday saying that i owe them 30 dollars because i applied late. In my head, "o shoot" so i check blackboard and guess what? i'm registered. It was past their office hours so i decided to call them the next morning. I sent an email to my professor (which Josh suggested) to ask if i could have a makeup exam if anything. She said no. So i called the next morning explaining to them the situation. They said all I could do right now is submit a late drop petition and get my professor to send them a letter saying i had nothing to do with the class. They said nothing about a refund... and i've been fuming this whole week!
So i just explained the situation to my father and he seemed calm... i'm not sure if he understands the situation at all but i feel really bad because this is wasting my parents 800 dollars and i haven't told my mother yet and arggg things haven't been going well with her. This is just another thing for her to get angry at me for. So i am going to call tomorrow morning to see if they received the petition and letter and try to calmly explain the situation and see what i could do... for now i wait... =[

7 comments:

Josh said...

don't worry, chow chow. we do a lot of waiting in our lifetimes. pretty much, that's all we do. things will work out. trust me. it's a learning experience. :D

p.s. thanks for the REAL shout out :D

bobosaur... said...

yo man..patience...

Katy Ruth said...

Gary! blog again to let us know how it turned out!

florence luong said...

i kno for me, when i waste money, i really grind my teeth about it because i HATE HATE HATE HATE wasting money and i kno my mom works for it so i feel extra worse.

don't think about it and don't let it linger on your mind; it'll only make it worse.

right now, you can only hope for some kind of refund, keep talking to them and explain clearly your situation.

and yes, let us know how it goes... goodluck gary!

schangster said...

oh man..thats rough. sorry it had to happen to you, gary =(
but i didn't know that you were considering summer session! but whatever happens, good luck! i'm sure it will all work out.

michelle said...

greetings g.chow :]

joanna said...

hey :]
sorry mann
but i totally agree with all the posts above me 110%.
one thing ive learned this past semester is that God really does things for a reason, and through those things, he forms character and forces us to develop faith in him. im sure things will turn out a-ok. but im glad you`re able to tell us about it :] i hope to hear the conclusion of this soon! :D