Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's been almost a year...

since i last blogged. And a lot of things have changed.
You know when you used to go back and read what you wrote on xanga... and found out how actually immature and dumb you are... yeah it happened again haha, so i decided to write a "more mature" blog entry about what's been going on.

A bunch of freshmen and Sunroot, Mike and me went to a park last night and the topic of "favorite memory" came. Everyone started stating really fun ones (skate estate, tickling Will) but I couldn't think of anything. I must say that I didn't have a REALLY fun year (unlike freshman year) but it was memorable. I ended up telling Mike and Sunroot that my favorite memory was when Slim left... and I felt like I didn't "need" him anymore. NOT saying he wasn't a terrific guy and such, but I was just too dependent on him (and other seniors as well). At that moment, I understood that it was time to take care of other people, not just stay "Gary the freshman" forever.

I've finished half of my term as IVCF's Large Group Coordinator and it was a challenge. I had a terrific committee but it was nothing I had ever done. I, the same Gary from freshman year, NEVER was in charge of things, but then i was thrust into this position, relying alot on God's mercy. This semester/year was alot about growing up... and learning what it meant to be a man of God (I have two years Christina!). I'm really looking forward to how God will grow me in the years to come and how I can serve the people around me.

I am also looking forward to this summer thought because it brings different challenges: my family, something I've struggled with since before time began and the missionfield in China. I'll probably write another blog entry to talk about this summer... because I'm really hoping that it will be a life-changing summer. Alright, thats it. Please pray for me. =]

"As guys, we fail sometimes in this fellowship, but as men, we fail alot"
[thanks for putting up with us, sisters!]
Gary Chow

4 comments:

matthew john said...

i'm sorry, someone needs to say it:

a lot is two words!!!


and good job with LGCing this semester :]

Anonymous said...

= )

you've grown so much. i'm really proud of you, gary chow. = )

you've led well this semester, and i know you will continue to do so... with HIS strength... NOT your own. none of us can do this on our own.

... and continue learning what it means to be a brother in Christ. as you learn to be a better brother, sisters learn to be better sisters too. = ) we're not perfect either, but it helps when everyone recognizes our faults and work toward becoming a better family together. = )

i need to be reminded of that too.

schangster said...

garebearr
youre on a good track.
remember that before being a man of God, being a child of God comes first. i think this year i've def. skipped that step. it was a really good lesson though.

i concur that this year was not the most fun. lets have more fun next year. omgosh we're gonna be juniors -_______________-

bobosaur... said...

remember that night where i gave you like a "proud father" talk thingy? lol...anywho...i really feel like that with you (although i really did little to nothing compared to what you've come to learn on your own...haha...)so kudos to yourself in the ways that you've grown, and will grow.